Planning and preparation is an absolute must for the success of any business professional. An ideal example of why and how this works is in sports.
Ask any professional sports coach and they will agree that when their team has a good practice, they always play a good game and more often than not, come away with a win.
• Why do all pro sports teams play pre-season games?
• Why do successful sports teams always say they won because of their excellent game plan?
Every well-built house has a strong foundation structured in a certain way and with specific materials so that it will remain standing successfully over time. One that is strong enough to have extensions added as needed for future growth.
All people want some measure of success. Those who achieve it, take the time to understand that success doesn’t just happen… it is created. Here’s how:
1. Plan what you want to accomplish/ list the results you want.
2. Visualize the finish product; imagine what the success looks like to you.
3. Set completion dates for stages of your success and the final date.
4. Take action to make it happen as you see it.
I have had the great pleasure of watching over many professionals who work everyday at becoming more successful than they already are and have made this observation about the common denominators in their success:
• They embrace others and by doing so, get them to support their goals.
• They always work with an urgency and a goal.
• They love their work and their plan of action.
• They aren’t afraid to change and update their plan.
• They take time to think and not just to work.
• They understand that the calls/work/meetings/presentations/ they make today won’t always result in an immediate sale, but it will result in a positive return for them next week, next month or even next year!
DON’T ALLOW LIFE OR WORK TO HAPPEN TO YOU, MAKE IT HAPPEN FOR YOU!